Advanced Pranayama with Gregor Maehle
30th January – 10th February 2023
ADVANCED PRANAYAMA (Level 4) WITH GREGOR MAEHLE
live 30th January – 10th February 2023
Mon- Fri, Sydney 5pm, UK 6am, Paris 7am, L.A. 10pm
Upon completion each lesson will be uploaded to Vimeo and is then longterm available on-demand for all participants.
Advanced Pranayama (Level 4) Course
~10 Lesson Course
Pranayama Level 1-3 Courses
This is the culmination of Gregor’s teacahing on Pranayama. The course consists of 10 lessons with each lesson approximately 60 minutes long. This course endeavours to combine Kapalabhati, Bhastrika, and Nadi Shodhana with internal and external kumbhakas during each breath cycle into a single practice. Various ratios starting with sama vrtti and working towards vishma vrtti are explored.
Other than Gregor’s other Pranayama courses this Advanced Course is initially conducted live via Zoom and at the end of each day uploaded to Vimeo where it then is available on-demand and longterm.
Conducting the course live on Zoom will give students the option to demonstrate their proficiency of Kapalabhati, Bhastrika, Jalandhara Bandha and other aspects of their pranayama practice. Gregor will then be able to offer assessment these and offer advise in a compassionate, humble and supportive way. Assessment is voluntary but if students opt to be assessed they thereby consent that such assessment becomes part of the on-demand version of the course. Students who chose to only passively participate in the course (i.e. not demonstrate) will still benefit as there are only about half a dozen classical elements in which a student could fall short of optimal practice.
During the LIVE version, questions can be asked. The recorded version is available after LIVE/webinar is completed. Gregor’s Level 1 -3 pranayama courses are designed to prepare for this ultimate course.
- Capacity to sit comfortably in a meditation posture
- An empty stomach, i.e. practice before food and not after food
- Gregor holds the belief that only his Pranayama Level 1 -3 courses prepare for this Advanced Pranayama course. However, he will not stop advanced practitioners from other traditions to participate. After commencement of the course no refunds or transfers to other courses are possible.
What you don’t need
- An intermediate or advanced asana practice
- Untreated high blood pressure, uterus inflammation, heart disease, pneumonia, bronchitis, hernia, dizziness
- Please set your playback resolution to 540 or lower during the live session. Do not keep it on the “auto” playback, which can be inconsistent. To change the resolution, hover over the player bar, click on the settings cog, and select 540 or 240. If in doubt whether your connection is fast enough initially select 240.
- If the video does not start, try refreshing your browser.
- Please check your audio output before class starts. This can be done via the sound settings in your system preferences.
Price in Australian Dollars: AU$249
At the time of writing in foreign currency, this was US$169, €160, £137
LIVE & ON-DEMAND
30th January- 10th February 2023
Bookings are open for this event until 10th February at 2.30pm UTC+10
The live course includes longterm access to the On-Demand version of the course.
After 10th February 2023
Students have to buy via On-Demand.*
*The videos are available longterm. All footage remains copyright 8 Limbs Ashtanga Yoga Pty Ltd.
You will receive a purchase receipt and shortly after an email titled “Important information for the event…”. This email will include all information regarding access to the live event.
Gregor is a life-long yogi and has over 40 years of experience of yoga study and practice!
BROWSE ALL EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
GET IN TOUCH
Any questions? Please ask us.