Nauli Online Course with Gregor Maehle
13th – 20th May 2020
Nauli online course – with Gregor Maehle
Wednesday 13th May 2020
Mon-Fri 7am Sydney time, last class Wednesday 20th May
approximately 4.5 Hours depending on the amount of questions
~6 Lesson Course
This Nauli course consists of 6 lessons with each lesson approximately 45 minutes long. During the LIVE version, questions can be asked. The recorded version is available immediately after each lesson is completed.
– Empty stomach
– Not pregnant
– From puberty onwards, minimum age 12- 14 years
Hyperacidity, postpartum (wait for a minimum of six weeks after giving birth), reflux-esophagitis, high blood pressure, heart disease, gastritis, ulcers, hernia or glaucoma, liver cirrhosis or carcinoma, pancreas inflammation or carcinoma, appendicitis, colitis, deep-vein-thrombosis.
Nauli is the churning of the abdominal muscles. The abdominal recti are isolated and then a wavelike motion is initiated. A vacuum is created in the intestines and abdomen, which helps to massage the abdominal organs, makes the heart, lungs and abdominal organs strong, returns them to health and expels any accumulated toxins.
According to the yogic shastras (scriptures) it increases agni, boosts the immune system, turns the chakras upwards, purifies the Manipura chakra, helps convert pitta into agni, assists in raising Kundalini and confers mastery of external breath retention and Bahya Uddiyana.
Prerequisites, contraindications and benefits discussed
Introduce external kumbhaka with Bahya Uddiyana
Emphasis on keeping abdominal wall completely relaxed
Agnisara Kriya – Nauli Stage 1slow
Agnisara Kriya – Nauli Stage 1 fast
Always to be performed unless extreme Pitta aggravation
Isolating rectus abdominis from deeper abdominal muscles during external kumbhaka, Nauli Stage 2
Nauli Stage 3 – isolating left from right side of rectus abdominis
Nauli stage 4 – churning, first one round only, once each position is clearly visible do two rounds or three per kumbhaka
Nauli stage 4 – increasing number of revolutions per kumbhaka and increasing number of kumbhakas
- After each live session is completed it will be saved and after a few minutes can then be re-watched as often as you like. The session videos have no expiry date. You can access the recordings via the same link you use for the live stream. In Vimeo on the right beneath the main screen you see a list of thumbnails. This is the list of recorded sessions with the first one at the top. If you can’t see anything try refreshing or restarting your browser and/or restart your device/ computer. If it still doesn’t work try Google Chrome.
- Students who purchase halfway through the live event can still go back and watch past streams, i.e. even if you miss the beginning of the live event you can still tune into the remaining live classes and also go back and watch the recorded streams.
- During the live version questions can be asked via Q&A and those in different time zones can email questions.
- If the video does not start, try refreshing your browser. If it still doesn’t work try restarting your device, computer. If still no success try Google Chrome.
- Please check your audio output before class starts. This can be done via the sound settings in your system preferences.
- Please set your playback resolution to 540 or lower during the live session. Do not keep it on the “auto” playback, which can be inconsistent. To change the resolution, hover over the player bar, click on the settings cog, and select 540 or 240. If in doubt whether your connection is fast enough initially select 240.
Price in Australian Dollars: AU$159
At the time of writing in foreign currency, this was US$103, €94, £81
Students who have previously completed one of our in-person teacher trainings can register at a 50% discount. Please email us for a discount code.
LIVE & ON-DEMAND
13th – 20th May 2020
Bookings are open for this event until 20th May at 6.30am UTC+10
Students can buy a ticket via Online Events.*
Students may watch recorded videos they may have missed.*
After 20th May 2020
Students have to buy via On-Demand.*
*The videos are available indefinitely. All video-footage copyright 8 Limbs Ashtanga Yoga Pty Ltd 2020.
You will receive a purchase receipt and shortly after an email titled “Important information for the event…”. This email will include all information regarding access to the live event.
Gregor is a life-long yogi and has over 40 years of experience of yoga study and practice!
BROWSE ALL EVENTS & WORKSHOPS
Gregor and Monica are genuinely amazing people, I felt engaged and energised from the first minute to the last minute of this incredible experience. Even though they have a lot more Yoga experience than me I felt they treated me as an equal and taught from a place of love and authenticity throughout.
GET IN TOUCH
Any questions? Please ask us.