On-Demand Pranayama Level 3 Course – with Gregor Maehle
Price in Australian Dollars: AU$249
At the time of writing, this was in foreign currency US$179, €158, £131
Students who have previously completed one of our Level 3 Teacher Trainings can register at a 50% discount. Please email us for a discount code.
Pranayama Level 3 Course
~10 Lesson Course
Pranayama Level 1 and 2 Courses (you can access these course on-demand here)
This is our Pranayama Level 3 course, consisting of 10 lessons with each lesson approximately 60 minutes long. During the LIVE version, questions can be asked. The recorded version is available after LIVE/webinar is completed. In order to qualify this course you need to have done our online Pranayama Level 1 and 2 course (you can access this course on-demand here) or you need to have completed one of our teacher trainings or an in-person Pranayama Module with Gregor. While there will be a recap of the Level 2 course in the first one or two lessons of this course, you will not be able to follow this course unless you have completed our Pranayama Level 2.
- Capacity to sit comfortably in a meditation posture
- An empty stomach, i.e. practice before food and not after food
- Pranayama Level 2 course
What you don’t need
- An intermediate or advanced asana practice
- Untreated high blood pressure, uterus inflammation, glaucoma, heart disease, pneumonia, bronchitis, hernia, dizziness
Among other things covered will be:
Prerequistes and contraindications
Recap of Level 2 course
- Breath wave, mantra, visualization, digital count, Jihva Bandha, Shambhavi Mudra, divine image,
- Importance of Granthi breaking Stage 1
Introduction to Bhastrika
- Positioning of Bhastrika relative to Kapalabhati
- Placement of external kumbhakas relative to Nadi Shodhana
Use of Chandra vs Surya Bhedana in the context of Bhastrika
1 : 2 : 2 ratio
Bhastrika as a stand-alone practice
- Internal vs external kumbhakas to have 2 :1 relation
Holding Mahabandha during external kumbhaka
- Importance of Mula Bandha for kumbhaka
Importance of Divine Image
- Please set your playback resolution to 540 or lower during the live session. Do not keep it on the “auto” playback, which can be inconsistent. To change the resolution, hover over the player bar, click on the settings cog, and select 540 or 240. If in doubt whether your connection is fast enough initially select 240.
- If the video does not start, try refreshing your browser.
- Please check your audio output before class starts. This can be done via the sound settings in your system preferences.
You will receive a purchase receipt and shortly after an email titled “Important information for the event…”. This email will include all information regarding access to the on-demand event. All video footage remains copyright 8 Limbs Ashtanga Yoga 2022.
BROWSE ALL LIVE & ON-DEMAND EVENTS
GET IN TOUCH
Any questions? Please ask us.