On-Demand Tantric Meditation – With Gregor & Monica
Price in Australian Dollars: AU$249
At the time of writing in foreign currency, this was US$171, €162, £140
Students who have previously completed our Teacher Trainings Level 3 can register at a 50% discount. Please email us for a discount code.
On-demand. You will receive multiyear access to all footate and can download, too.
~10 Lesson Course
This Tantric Meditation course, consists of 10 lessons with each lesson approximately 1hour long. During the LIVE version, questions can be asked. The recorded version is available after LIVE/webinar is completed. The relevant stanzas are chanted in Sankrit and then the technique is introduced. After that a debrief occurs discussing the effects of the various methods.
- Capacity to sit comfortably in a meditation posture
- An empty stomach, i.e. practice before food and not after food
This workshop is based on meditations from an ancient text called the Vijnana Bhairava Tantra. This text came down through Kashmir Shaivism and contains 112 dharanas, what we today would call meditation techniques. Although we don’t profess any allegiance to the philosophical underpinnings of Shaivism, we consider the text itself as the most comprehensive and eclectic collection of meditation techniques available. Many of today’s popular meditation techniques were already introduced in the Vijnana Bhairava.
Most of these tantric meditations are much simpler than yogic meditation and require less effort. There are also many different techniques to choose from. Here is a sophisticated approach that offers a great variety in case a particular technique doesn’t work for an individual student. This makes this system very adaptable to individual needs and preferences.
During demanding and stressful times, emphasis on these meditations can create more headspace and nurturing. During other times, when more certainty and inspiration is available, the transformational power of yogic meditation can be invested in. Hence the two systems work excellently side by side and can easily be integrated with each other.
- Please set your playback resolution to 540 or lower during the live session. Do not keep it on the “auto” playback, which can be inconsistent. To change the resolution, hover over the player bar, click on the settings cog, and select 540 or 240. If in doubt whether your connection is fast enough initially select 240.
- If the video does not start, try refreshing your browser.
- Please check your audio output before class starts. This can be done via the sound settings in your system preferences.
You will receive a purchase receipt and shortly after an email titled “Important information for the event…”. This email will include all information regarding access to the live event.
*The videos are available longterm. You will receive multiyear access and can download, too. All footage remains copyright 8 Limbs Ashtanga Yoga Pty Ltd.
Gregor and Monica are life-long yogis. Between them they share over 80 years of yoga study and practice!