On-Demand Yoga Sutra Level 1b With Gregor Maehle
Price in Australian Dollars: AU$249
At the time of writing in foreign currency, this was US$168, €151, £135
Students who have previously completed our in-person teacher trainings can register at a 50% discount. Please email us for a discount code.
Yoga Sutra Level 1.b Course
~15 Lesson Course
This Yoga Sutra course consists of 15 lessons with each lesson approximately 60 minutes long. During the LIVE version, questions can be asked. The recorded version is available immediately after each lesson is completed. This course is a stand-alone module that does not require previous completion of our Yoga Sutra Level 1b course.
The Yoga Sutra is a tool to gain inner freedom. Inner freedom means to be able to dictate our mind what to do, what it needs to think or when it should be quiet rather than our mind bossing us around. Studying the Yoga Sutra is a training that teaches you to use your mind in the same efficient and creative way as asana is a training to use your body. For this purpose we need to be able to understand and free us from our conditioning (vasana). You will understand how conditioning is created by your past thoughts, words and actions and how to change future conditioning by changing your present thoughts, words and actions.
Another important goal of Yoga Sutra is the integration of meditative experiences or glimpses into our life. We may have had great experiences of happiness but without their proper integration, apart from the actual moment of experience, they are often not of lasting value. The Yoga Sutra helps us to put them into perspective and integrate them into our lives, leading to lasting change.
- Sincere desire to learn something new. This course is a stand-alone module that does not require previous completion of our Yoga Sutra Level 1b course.
The Yoga Sutra is the operating manual of yoga. It is only when we understand the why’s and how’s of yoga that we will practice with confidence and beyond doubt. In this course we will analyse the first half of the chapter 2 of the Yoga Sutra. Chapter 2 is called Sadhana Padah, chapter on practice. It is addressed to a novice student. The first chapter is called Samadhi Padah, chapter on Samadhi and it is addressed to an advanced student. For this reason we need to first understand chapter 2 before chapter 1 is tackled.
We will chant the stanzas II.28- II.55 in Sanskrit and a detailed commentary based on Gregor’s four decades of practice and study will be given. The commentary will retain the depth of the ancient treatises but will be fun, relatable and applicable to modern urban life. The remaining stanzas of the chapter will be covered in a later Level 1b. course.
“The Yoga Sutra entered my life 39 years ago and since then it’s been a constant companion. It took me a long time to completely understand it but once this had happened it ended all confusion I had about yoga. Understanding the Sutra gave me complete confidence in how to apply my practices diligently and that I would succeed in due time. The Sutra changed yoga for me from a faith and hope-based system to a science with predictable and repeatable outcomes. It is exactly this confidence and certainty that I would like to pass on to my students.”
You will be supplied with a PDF of the stanzas in romanized Sanskrit and a sound file for chanting purposes.
- After each live session is completed it will be saved and after a few minutes can then be re-watched as often as you like. The session videos have no expiry date. You can access the recordings via the same link you use for the live stream. In Vimeo on the right beneath the main screen you see a list of thumbnails. This is the list of recorded sessions with the first one at the top. If you can’t see anything try refreshing or restarting your browser and/or restart your device/ computer. If it still doesn’t work try Google Chrome.
- Students who purchase halfway through the live event can still go back and watch past streams, i.e. even if you miss the beginning of the live event you can still tune into the remaining live classes and also go back and watch the recorded streams.
- During the live version questions can be asked via Q&A and those in different time zones can email questions.
- If the video does not start, try refreshing your browser. If it still doesn’t work try restarting your device, computer. If still no success try Google Chrome.
- Please check your audio output before class starts. This can be done via the sound settings in your system preferences.
- Please set your playback resolution to 540 or lower during the live session. Do not keep it on the “auto” playback, which can be inconsistent. To change the resolution, hover over the player bar, click on the settings cog, and select 540 or 240. If in doubt whether your connection is fast enough initially select 240.
You will receive a purchase receipt and shortly after an email titled “Important information for the event…”. This email will include all information regarding access to the live event. All video footage copyright 8 Limbs Ashtanga Yoga 2020. The videos are available indefinitely and permanently.
Gregor is a life-long yogi and has over 40 years of experience of yoga study and practice!
BROWSE ALL LIVE & ON-DEMAND EVENTS
GET IN TOUCH
Any questions? Please ask us.