On-Demand HEALING ADJUSTMENTS LEVEL 1 – With Dr. Monica Gauci
Price in Australian Dollars: AU$290
At the time of writing in foreign currency, this was US$185, €173, £148.50
Students who have previously completed one of our Level 1 Teacher Training can register at a 50% discount. Please email us for a discount code.
On-Demand Online Course
HEALING ADJUSTMENTS LEVEL 1
THE ART & SCIENCE OF ADJUSTING WISELY
WITH DR MONICA GAUCI
includes Healing Adjustmets Theory
As Yoga Teachers we still have the privilege to place our hands on students. Some say that ‘adjustments’ should be left to chiropractors. As a chiropractor I know and value the profound power of touch that we all have access to. I am passionate to teach yoga teachers how to adjust in a way that educates, transforms and heals.
There are many different ways to adjust a yoga posture. There are few ways to adjust that are safe, respectful, effective and anatomically sound.
- Learn what makes an adjustment safe and sound and the ingredients that make up a quality adjustment.
- Appreciate the differences that effect student’s abilities and limitations and learn how to respectfully accommodate these.
- Understand the differences between visual, auditory and kinesthetic (touch) cues as a form of somatic communication.
- Know when it is appropriate to use verbal instruction, the guidance of light touch, hands-on corrections or body-weight adjustments.
- Learn adjustment principles that can be applied to a variety of postures, whether primary or advanced, from the same āsana groups, eg: back bends, forward bends, twists, etc.
- Discover which postures are unsafe to adjust and understand why.
- Learn variations of adjustments to accommodate different body proportions and student abilities.
- Practice the art and science of adjusting on fellow yogis.
- Feel confident to guide, assist and enhance your student’s practice with beneficial, quality, safe and effective corrections!
Touch is the only sense we cannot live without! Touch communicates, educates and heals. Learn to use this vital tool with confidence.
Monica draws on adjusting principles from her professional education as a Chiropractor coupled with 40+ years of personal yoga practice. She draws on adjusting principles from her professional education as a Chiropractor. This combination gives Monica’s adjustments the wisdom needed to maintain physical integrity whilst developing a relationship of trust. Her adjustments are very effective whilst being anatomically safe and sound. Her insights as a therapist make this workshop powerfully relevant.
“I described Monica’s adjustments as: She comes along and pours love into you” Ananada, London UK.
- Please set your playback resolution to 540 or lower during the live session. Do not keep it on the “auto” playback, which can be inconsistent. To change the resolution, hover over the player bar, click on the settings cog, and select 540 or 240. If in doubt whether your connection is fast enough initially select 240.
- If the video does not start, try refreshing your browser.
You will receive a purchase receipt and shortly after an email titled “Important information for the event…”. This email will include all information regarding access to the videos.
The videos are available indefinitely for private purposes. All video-footage copyright 8 Limbs Ashtanga Yoga Pty Ltd 2023.
Monica is a life-long yogi. She has over 40 years experience of yoga study and practice!
BROWSE ALL LIVE & ON-DEMAND EVENTS
GET IN TOUCH
Any questions? Please ask us.